Venue & Practical info
Perugia is the capital of Umbria, the "Green Heart” of Italy. (http://turismo.comune.perugia.it).
Perugia is about 150 kilometres from Florence, about 180 kilometres from Rome, and about 230 kilometres from Pisa.
HOW TO REACH PERUGIA
Aeroporto internazionale dell’Umbria – Perugia "San Francesco d’Assisi"
It is the nearest airport to Perugia (12 km). At the moment, however, the only confirmed connections for the winter season are from London Stansted and Bucarest.
From San Francesco d’Assisi airport to Perugia:
- Shuttle ACAP-SULGA: €8,00 (info http://www.acap.perugia.it" or 075 5009641) to the town centre (Piazza Italia)
- Taxi from the airport to Perugia about €30,00 but can also be shared (up to 4 people with luggage, about €7,50 per person).
Aeroporto Internazionale Leonardo da Vinci di Fiumicino – Roma
From Fiumicino airport you can reach Perugia through a direct coach or by train (through Roma Termini or Roma Tiburtina railway stations).
By direct coach Fiumicino - Perugia:
|Fiumicino Airport||Perugia (P.zza Partigiani)|
|9:00 am||12:45 am|
|12:30 am||4:15 am|
|2:30 am||6:15 am|
|5:00 am||8:45 am|
Every day - €22,00 - ticket on board only
- Leonardo Express, to Roma Termini railway station: non-stop service every 30’ (the journey takes 32'). First departure from Fiumicino at 6:38 am, last departure at 11:38 pm. Service guaranteed even in the event of a strike; €14,00.
- Regional train FL1, to Roma Tiburtina railway station: there is a train every 15’ (the journey takes 47’). First departure from Fiumicino at 6.28 am, last departure at 8.28 pm; €8,00.
Then, from Roma Termini or Roma Tiburtina you can reach Perugia by train.
Fiumicino airport in connected to Roma Termini railway station also by various coach companies.
Aeroporto Internazionale G.B. Pastine di Ciampino
From Ciampino airport there are frequent direct shuttles to Roma Termini railway station (the journey takes about 40’).
From Roma Termini take a train to Perugia.
Aeroporto Internazionale Galileo Galilei di Pisa
From Pisa airport, there are frequent trains to Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station. Then, from Firenze SMN, you can reach Perugia by train.
Aeroporto di Firenze-Peretola
From the airport to the railway station Santa Maria Novella (SMN):
Bus every 30’, first departure at 5.30 am.
Then, from Firenze SMN, you can reach Perugia by train.
Sulga offers coach service connecting Umbria with Fiumicino, Rome, Cesena, Ravenna, Naples.
For information about price and timetable, visit http://www.sulga.it or tel. 075 500 9641 / 800 099 661.
Other connections to Perugia, for example from Florence or Milan, are guaranteed by Autolinee Baltour. For information visit http://www.baltour.it
- A1 motorway until Val di Chiana, then take the Bettolle-Perugia till Perugia San Faustino.
- E45 till Perugia Ponte Felcino.
- A1 motorway until Orte, then the E45 till Perugia Piscille.
There are several car parks you can choose. For information about parking visit http://www.sipaonline.it
- Pian di Massiano Car Park (free), just few metres from the Renato Curi Stadium, connected to the town centre via minimetrò (see below)
- Sant'Antonio Car Park, the nearest to the conference venue. map
- Sant'Angelo Car Park (free) very near to the conference venue.
- Briglie di Braccio Car Park and Mercato Coperto Car Park, connected to the town centre via two large lifts.
- P.za Partigiani Car Park, connected to P.za Italia via a series of escalators that run through the ancient Medieval district through the Rocca Paolina. map
(Prices: for 1 hour - €1,50; for a day - €17,00).
HOW TO REACH THE CONFERENCE VENUE
The conference will take place at the Università per Stranieri di Perugia, Piazza Fortebraccio 4 (Palazzo Gallenga). Piazza Fortebraccio is in the town centre, just outside the Etruscan walls and Arco Etrusco. It is at 11 minutes walk from the Minimetrò Terminal Pincetto map, at 10 minutes walk from Piazza Italia map (San Francesco d’Assisi airport shuttle terminal), at 1 minute walk from Parking S. Antonio map. If you are in Piazza Partigiani (Coach terminal from Fiumicino airport) you can take escalators to Piazza Italia, and then walk 10 minutes to the conference venue. map
Minimetrò is the new urban transport system connecting the town centre to the railway station and Pian di Massiano Car Park.
Minimetrò works every day, with a frequency of about 2,5 minutes.
- Terminal Pian di Massiano (free parking)
- Stazione Cortonese
- Stazione Madonna Alta
- Stazione Fontivegge (railway station)
- Stazione Case Bruciate
- Stazione della Cupa
- Terminal Pincetto (city centre and conference venue)
Mon – Sat: from 7:00 am to 9:20 pm
Sun – Holidays: from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
For information, visit http://www.minimetrospa.it
For timetables and bus lines: http://www.umbriamobilita.it
RadioTaxi Perugia: Tel. 075 5004888